“Families are identified, unified and established to what families are meant to be.”
We assist families by providing the knowledge and skills required to parent a child with a delay, ensuring they have the information and resources they need to be successful advocates and strong supports for their child and family.
Who is the Family Support Program for?
The Family Support Program is for La Ronge and Air Ronge families who want:
- support to increase family stability by gaining knowledge in family dynamics
- to learn to respond to crisis situations in a healthy manner such as practical life skills
- support and information on continuing to care for and encourage their child’s development.
Parents and caregivers can selfrefer or can be referred by any other community agency.
What is expected of Parents/Caregivers?
In order for the program to work, families must become involved voluntarily. It is key for the parent/caregiver to play an active role with the family support worker in the development and realization of goals through the outcome and tasks model.
Let’s work together.
The goal of a family support program is to empower a family and utilize the strengths they have , and engage the family to create the best environment possible for their children. The parent is the child’s first teacher. We are supportive of their roles.
Increased knowledge of:
- Community resources
- Family strengths
- Abuse/neglect issues
- Age appropriate child development/expectations
- Positive parenting strategies
- Personal health issues
- Parenting skills
- Personal health
- Life skills
- Ability to access community services
- Communication within the family
- Children are safe
- Family remains intact where possible
- Family is reunited where possible
- Youth/Child has permanent placement
What do Family Support Workers do?
- Conduct regular visits in the family home or community based location, as families see fit.
- dentify goals with your family and make plans to reach them
- Help your family use strengths to overcome challenges
- Provide options and guidance on issues such as parenting, household management and basic nutrition for your family
- Connect you to community resources
- Help make your home a safe and comfortable place to raise your family