About Children North
Children North ECIP offers family centered and home-based early childhood intervention support. We provide services to families in La Ronge, Grandmother's Bay, Sucker River, Hall Lake and Pinehouse. ECIP families have children with special and specific needs and who are not yet enrolled full time in school. ECIP's support to families is based on the families' needs and may include:
- Access to information about children with disabilities, developmental delays and or behavioural concerns. The child may be affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, chromosomal anomalies, neurological or genetic disorders, congenital malformations, other spectrum disorders, chronic medical illnesses, etc.;
- Regular home visits to complete screening for developmental milestones, and provide information on parenting and disabilities;
- Coaching on strategies to enhance the child's development, and the relationship between parent and child and community;
- Service coordination, case management, referral to other supports;
- Accompaniment to local and regional medical appointments, research and advocacy.
Children North also offers family support from a Family Assistant. This is a home-based, outreach program working with vulnerable families and their children. Using a positive, strength-based approach, the Assistant may mentor parents to build their skills in maintaining a healthy home. Parents may need assistance learning housekeeping, doing laundry, budgeting, meal preparation, developing routines, making and keeping appointments, or connecting with other services in the community. The Assistant may also work with parents to establish and maintain healthy relationships with other parents.
For more information about our services, please click the button below: